Re: Favicon for w3.org

Hello Erdoh,

Thank you for taking the time to write and to submit an
icon. For the moment, W3C has chosen not to make available
a favicon for the (general) site. There are some architectural
issues [1] that are being discussed by the W3C Technical
Architecture Group that may lead to a better solution for
providing metadata such as an icon. For the moment, we are
simply "on hold" waiting for more input from the TAG.

Thank you,

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#siteData-36

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 06:00, Erdroh Moshan wrote:
> I noticed, that w3.org has no favicon, when i looked at my feed aggregator.
> Only 3 sites had no one. Two of them where nearly death since a year and the
> last one was w3.org.
> It is a good way to find a site in the bookmarks or in a feed list without
> reading the whole titles.
> The majority of browsers supports this and try to get an icon
> from /favicon.ico on every subdomain they visits. I think about something
> everybody connects with your site - the w3c logo you see on every site. I
> send a possible favicon with this mail, but as I am not a graphic artist
> somebody out there maybe can make a better one.
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447