Re: Your a fucking spammer

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 10:01, William wrote:
> Bunch of fucking email harvesters and spammers!  I have received this
> email a dozen times over the past month.  I have sent your web site
> and IPS to all services that monitor spammers. I hope they nail you to
> the wall!!!

Hi William,

Your rage is understandable, but misdirected. Have a look
at this explanation [1] and you will see that you are looking
at the source of an HTML document. All valid HTML documents
include a reference to w3.org because we are the organization
responsible for designing HTML.

Like you, we all suffer because of spammers. But the reference
to w3 does not mean we created the content or originated the
mail. We just designed HTML, which someone has used to in their
message.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/Help/Webmaster.html#spam
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447