RE: [world_famous_recipes] weevils

Hi,

My name is Susan and I must apologize for not being more active here
.......I live in Sint Maarten (eastern caribbean)  and also in North
Florida......and I have big time problems with weevils in Sint Maarten.
It's an all year round problem there.  I need to store all rice and pasta
in large jars as they are able to eat their way through everything else.
I can't tell you how many times I've needed to dump 10 lb bags of flour and
rice.  Now , before I bottle the flour and rice and pasta,  I sift it
..........I realize it's not easily done with larger amounts......so I do
lot's of food shopping. ......and lot's of food dumping ........I was told
weevils aren't poisonous but they are disgusting little buggers.  Some say
to freeze everything first and that is supposed to kill them ......but i
don't agree........they come back to life when defrosted ...and also rise
to the top of the pasta pot while boiling ...it's just so difficult to see
them in the sacks they come in before i take them home. ....I wish the
market warehouses stored them better before putting on their shelves.

I gave up complaining years ago .....it truly hasn't helped !

Hope someone in the group has a remedy, Thank you for allowing me to vent
my weevil story.

Sincerely,
Susan

world_famous_recipes-subscribe@yahoogroups.com