Re: Technical Reference Issue

<pocketsizemike@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am wondering if the rendering of the content sections of your site
>is unique to me or if it is illegible to all who visit it. The type
>seems to be horizontally scaled by quite a bit, and the result is
>that I can't read more than a paragraph from it before developing a
>headache. I have tried increasing the text size in IE6 to "Largest"
>but the text is still nearly unreadable. I would choose a system
>font that is more easily read and avoid the bolding of almost all
>text, which makes following the hierarchy of the site overly
>challenging. As I have found in
><http://www.w3.org/2003/03/site-css/css/1-import.css>http://www.w3.org/2003/03/site-css/css/1-import.css,
>the use of the system font declaration of sans-serif results in the
>use of one of the least readable fonts on most machines...following
>the lead of other css driven sites which commonly use Verdana,
>Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif in their declaration would be welcome.

The generic font family sans-serif should give the reader their own
choice of font. Not knowing which browser you are using, your browser
probably has a option to choose your sans-serif font in the preferences
panel. Does this help?

--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819