Jargon reduced site for the technically challenged

From: Vanessa R. Martin <vrmartin@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:20:05 -0400
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

Hi,

As you can tell from my email address, I did attend MIT and am familiar with
technology.

Can the actual content/wording of the W3C site be made more user friendly?

It reads like a old-fashioned legal document. Hard to implement the
recommendations if a translator is needed to understand the content.

Will there be a committee/task force to help convert the wording into plain
english?

Vanessa