Re: need HTML Codes

Louie Cisneros wrote:
> I have not found any place on your web site a place I
> could download or find a list of all the HTML, XML,
> MML and ect. codes in a list and how to use them and
> what they wil do and how they will look.

Louie,

You should be able to find the list of elements in
each document that defines them. Those documents
are listed here under the heading "Recommendations"

  http://www.w3.org/TR/

For instance, for HTML elements, look under "Recommendations"
for "HTML 4.01 Specification":

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/

At the top, you'll see a link to the completed list
of HTML "elements":

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements

I am not aware of a place on the W3C site for all the
elements of all the languages W3C defines. However,
the site index includes links to "DTDs" (document
type definitions) of different documents:
   http://www.w3.org/Help/siteindex#D

Usually, the way elements "look" in browsers depends
on a number of factors, such as style sheets. So
a paragraph (<p>) element in HTML doesn't have just
one way of being presented. It can depend on style
sheets, how a particular browser behaves, or even
whether the paragraph is being displayed visually
or spoken by a speech synthesizer.

I hope this helps,

  - Ian