Re: [Moderator Action] Help?

Neil Barlow wrote:

> We have just spent one hour trying to find the document that
> specifically explains how to write an accessibility site map, which is
> compliant with W3C. We have been told the document exists, but we can't
> find it and have given up. We have found the site complicated,
> convoluted and difficult to understand and to source the relevant
> information.

Hello,

I'm sorry that you didn't have an easier time finding
the document you were looking for, though I'm not entirely
sure which one you are referring to.

The starting page for information about W3C's Web
Accessibility Initiative is:
    http://www.w3.org/WAI/

 From there, following "Resource index":
   http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/

You will find brief descriptions of some documents related
to accessibility, and in particular building more accessible
Web sites: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/

I don't believe there's much in that document about site maps,
however. You may find more information on the home page
of the Working Group for the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines:

  http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/

> Even locating how to e-mail W3C took us about 4 screens of information
> before finding the appropriate email link. We think its quite ironic.

Just yesterday we added a new resource that is linked from
the top of our home page: Finding your way at W3C:
   http://www.w3.org/2002/03/new-to-w3c

I would be interested to know whether, had you used this resource,
you think you would have found what you were looking for more
quickly.

Thanks for helping us improve the site,

  - Ian

> Elise Londale
> elise@lonsdalemedia.com
>

> Regards
>

> Neil Barlow
>
> Marketing & Employment Manager
>
> Ph: (03) 9655 1120
>
> Fax: (03) 9650 8642
>
> e-mail: neil.barlow@deac.org.au <mailto:neil.barlow@deac.org.au>
>
> www.deac.org.au
>

> "........you can't make a decent profit unless you are socially responsible"
>
> Time Magazine '97.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447