Re: pdf error

"Gregory, Phillip" wrote:

> Hi,
>         Tried to download the pdf document
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/wai-pageauth.pdf
>         and encountered the following error message "There was an error
> processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (110)." ( I am
> using version 5 of the Acrobat PDF Reader )

Phil,

First, thanks for sending your comment, and thanks for
using WCAG 1.0 [1].

In the status section of the cover page of the spec, you'll find:

   "The list of known errors in this document is available at
    http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WAI-WEBCONTENT-ERRATA.
    Please report errors in this document to wai-wcag-editor@w3.org.

This type of information is found in every W3C tech report
status section.

I have not heard of this PDF error and will investigate.

> I wanted to inform you of this but I could not find a e-mail address or
> other contact information on the page I was viewing at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/  nor could I find a link to a site map
> or to your home page, which I thought was not particuarly user friendly.

The W3C icon at the top of each tech report links to the home page.

From the home page, you can get to the site index [2] and
contact information page [3].

We welcome specific usability suggestions for the home page, and
do our best to integrate them to the design.

Thanks again,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505
[2] http://www.w3.org/Help/siteindex
[3] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Contact

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447