Re: none of the w3.org images work

station67@snet.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Simple comment really: None of the images for w3.org work, in Netscape or
> IE, using the Windows OS (any version.) I noticed this first on the
> Validator (validator.w3.org), but even on the home page, all the images show
> errors as not being there.

Please indicate what version of a browser and on what operating system.

> I notice in the code for all the web pages, there are no file extensions for
> the graphics where IMG tags are concerned. No .GIF, .JPG or .PNG, just file
> names alone with no extensions.

That's normal: our server uses content negotiation. We may offer several
versions of a resource, and give you the "best" one depending on your
browser's capabilities (this is done using HTTP).

 - Ian

> Like I said I tested the site both with NS and IE to make sure it wasn't a
> browser-specific issue.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong where I can't see the images? In both
> browsers I have the images turned "on" (checked to make sure!)
>
> -Rich
> station67@snet.net

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783