Re: up-to-date information on W3C Advisory committee and Chair

"Vercoustre, Anne-Marie (CMIS, Carlton)" wrote:

> Dear W3C,
>
> Would it be possible to get the list of W3C members in Australia.
>
> I am in charge of making a presentation about W3C to a CSIRO- Mathematical
> and Information Science board, and it would be useful to get this
> information. Maybe it should be available on the Web (not just the name of
> the members).
>
> Also Could you tell me who is the new W3C chaiman?
> I think Jean-Francois Abramatic is no longer the chair.

Hi Anne-Marie,

Jean-François is still the W3C Chairman. We are seeking
a "Chief Operating Officer" (refer to job description [1]) who
will take on some of the Chairman's (and Director's)
responsibilities.

About Australian Members:

 * The list of all W3C Members is public:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

 * Employees of W3C Members have additional tools for
   querying the Member database (linked from the
   Member home page). This tool will allow you to
   sort Members by country.

Hope this helps. And hi, by the way!

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/12/coo-job.html

> Thanks,
> Best Regards,
> Anne-Marie Vercoustre
> CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
> 723 Swanston street
> Carlton, Vic 3053, Australia
> Phone +61-3 8341 8227  Fax +61-3 8341 8222
> Email anne-marie.vercoustre@cmis.csiro.au

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783