Re: W3C Homepage Image Format

Badger wrote:

> Why does the W3C Hompage not use Portable Network Graphics, or Scalable Vector Graphics?  Using its own image recommendations should be equally-important as its mark-up recommendations (such as XHTML).
>
> Just A Thought!
>
> Matthew Alan Badger
> nybadger@earthlink.net

Hi Matthew,

We do have PNG graphics available for the icons. The format
you get depends on what our server and your client agree on
(we make both PNG and GIF available, and probably will
add SVG as the number of SVG clients grows). In fact,
I believe our server is configured to suggest PNG first,
then GIF.

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783