Re: Missing link on How to Join

I have to admit that when I read Sally's mail I went to the home page and
it was not immediately evident that the Membership link was the "how to
join" link.  The "Membership (List)" with 2 different links gives a clue,
but at least I don't think people should have to go thru the logic of
having to say, "I wonder why those parentheses are there? Could it be that
there is some other useful information available from this line?  Maybe I
can tell what's going on by looking at the link expander at the bottom of
my browser window."

Boo!!!!

We want to make it trivial for even the most logically challenged
organization to join (and pay).

Alan

At 12:10 PM 7/5/00 , Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Sally DeAngelis wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > We do not seem to have a link for new prospective members who need
> > information on how to join.  The old page link was to:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Prospectus/Joining
> >
> > I have already received a call regarding this.
>
>Sally,
>
>The link from the home page labeled "Membership"
>takes you to How to Join.
>
>  -Ian
>

>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
>Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783

Alan Kotok, Associate Chairman                          mailto:kotok@w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium                                 http://www.w3.org
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science,  545 Technology Square,  Room NE43-409
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA     Voice: +1-617-258-5728    Fax: +1-617-258-5999