Re: Negative feedback about the new homepage

The analysis [1] one is nice, but it doesn't really tell the story.
Using the old page I could eye up every Activity and the relevant
standards right from the homepage.  It was one nice click to the
standard I was looking for.  The new index box makes it much harder to
grasp what is going on at the w3c.  Even if bookmark the Activities
page, http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Activities, I still have to navigate
around and sort through paragraphs of text.

The new index box now has the various Activities, standards, software,
listed in alphabetical order without _any_ grouping (and not even a <ul>
which actually makes the links harder to click on!).  There is no way to
understand, without prior knowledge, what the links are or how they
relate to each other.

Please bring the old index back!!!  Not only for convenience, but so
people new to the w3c will have an easier time understanding all the
work you are doing.

Thanks,
Bill