Re: Do you use the W3C RDF validator ?

Hi Zsofia,

There have been some work to build a new modern RDF validator that can be
used here named "SoWasm":
https://perso.liris.cnrs.fr/pierre-antoine.champin/2023/sowasm/
Code here: https://github.com/pchampin/sowasm

Why modern?
* Use the Monaco editor (the open source project behind VSCode) with proper
syntax highlighting
* Inline error highlight when possible
* Run in the browser using WebAssembly <https://webassembly.org/>, no need
for hosting a server
* You get validation and conversion for all known RDF syntaxes afaik

In my opinion, hosting a server for such a fundamental service is costly
and unnecessary. We should be able to do RDF validation in a decentralized
fashion, ideally directly in the browser which is *the* ubiquitous tool for
accessing the internet (java is a bit heavy to setup, and can't be easily
accessed from the browser)

The current Sowasm service does not need a server, it is just a static
website that can be simply served using your favorite solution (currently
the usual content delivery networks which are dirt cheap and can be swapped
in a second)

The current service is built around the Sophia Rust library for RDF, which
compiles to WebAssembly and can be seamlessly integrated to run on a
client-side browser. If anything is missing or not done right it can be
fixed in the Sophia library: https://github.com/pchampin/sophia_rs

Maybe it could be a good idea to revive the original RDF validator URL to
point to SoWasm? To at least give a decent alternative to potential users.
Validating RDF should not be that hard in 2024.

It would be nice to make RDF tools follow the latest advancement in Web
development! Otherwise it will make adoption of RDF increasingly hard in
the future.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day,

Vincent Emonet