Re: Open letter urging to pause AI

> On 30 Mar 2023, at 23:33, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> Having been here 25+ years I have some instincts about which topics will just fill up email inboxes with no ultimate impact on the world and benefit. Right now “something must be banned” threads on AI look to me to fall in that category.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Exactement, mon ami.
When I saw the original open letter, my heart sank, as it reminded me of those ‘viral’ emails, reporting something that needs to be forwarded to everyone you know.
Where essentially the virus is the email itself, prompting discussions like this one.
Thus wasting everyone’s time, to pretty much no useful purpose.
And this is my useless contribution.

Hugh