Re: AI catfishing [was Re: ChatGPT and ontologies]

On the optimistic side, if AI can be used to generate harmful information, it can also be used to detect harmful information whether or not it was written by a human or an AI.  In this, I am inspired by recent work where a large language model was used to assess bias in a response. This was then used to further train the language model to reduce the level of bias in its responses.  A similar approach could be used for fact checking.  However, a social network might be unenthusiastic if such approaches dampen down the fire storms that drive engagement with their network.

Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>