Re: AI catfishing [was Re: ChatGPT and ontologies]

Actually Chaals  and all

*....   including passing AI off as human work*
I have seen humans passing themselves for AI

At a well known conference in HKong a few years back, and some young folks
presented their
incredible talking head, which was supposedly a robotic head capable of
intelligent conversation
The talking head was asked questions (by its develoipers) and it replied
elegantly, knowledgeably, thoroughly
Like a well trained scholar  - I had the impression it could be easily
staged (but how?)
Basically, there was a live human answering through a synthetic voice
I hear many robotic companies are using real humans in the AI brain to get
investors to fund them

Just to say that some regulation can help to guide good practice but there
are more foundational issues in AI relating to human nature