Re: (Lost in the noise perhaps - so asking again) - Is a trailing slash 'better' than a trailing hash for vocabs namespace IRIs?

On 10/11/22 20:53, Pat McBennett wrote:
 > [The slightly reduced efficiency of a slash IRI] is a price well
 > worth paying . . . [for] a single, simple piece of *guidance*
 > to follow . . . .

+1

 > [Complex guidance] is precisely what results in newbies running
 > screaming to the hills... :)

+1

To reap the benefit of this lengthy discussion -- i.e., to prevent
it from being viewed as merely bike shedding -- I suggest that this
guidance (to use slash IRIs) be written up as an RDF Community Group
"Best Practice" document published on the W3C website.   That should
give it sufficient search engine mojo for people to easily find
it.  And -- *after* the up-front-clear-and-simple guidance -- the
document can also summarize the rationale for that guidance, and also
summarize reasons why hash IRIs might occasionally be used instead.

Thanks,
David Booth