Re: EasierRDF

Thanks for looping me into the conversation Chris.
While it is true that folks who studied candles had no hope of creating
lightbulbs--I am not sure the distinction between the (No)SQL and
Semantic/Ontology technology stacks is quite so disparate.

Indeed, at icicle.ai we are focussed on bridging semantic and "traditional"
(json, (No-)SQL, etc) technology stacks in order to provide on and off
ramps for application-developer communities. Our tagline is "Democratizing
AI"--this really means meeting people where they are at in terms of their
skill levels and tooling. So in addition to building semantically native
tooling, some of the "bridging" questions we're asking include:

   1. How do we make it possible to easy to interrogate instantiated
   ontologies and then produce document/tabular assets that can be
   displayed/queried or otherwise computed over with more familiar application
   tooling?
   2. How do we make it possible to ingest familiar document/tabular data
   and facilitate semantic tagging so that these traditional data stores
   become semantically enabled?
   3. How do we make these tools, and their inclusion in varied (meta-)
   models, easier to use and "pluggable" in nature?

Don't get me wrong, training in new technologies is critical for workforce
development--something I think a lot about. However, I believe this doesn't
need to stymie development of bridging technologies and hybrid-data stacks
that facilitate broader usage and exposure.