Re: EasierRDF

Melvin wrote:
> Nobody denies that URIs as predicates can be useful.  Why is there an insistence
> on EVERY predicate being a URI?  What is the logic behind it?  Whose decision was it?

I'm a bit confused at this one. So ... if you're not using a predicate
to identify what the token is, what ... is it? What is a series of
characters in a string without any context (at least for
identification purposes)? Are you saying that the concept of open
world strings and words (in English) is your ontological base
platform? That sounds like an epistemological nightmare?

There's some deep core challenges in the divide between open world
(every serialized word is a token, and identity is either futile or
loose) and closed world (any serialized token must be linked to some
ontological identity), and especially the mixed model we usually use
every day. We're talking about standards that can apply to a variety
of use cases, but especially interoperability between formats and
systems, so we need to have ... something that ties them together.
Predicates (apart from the ongoing nightmare that is anonymous nodes)
is one way to do it. How do you do it?

Cheers,

Alex
--
 Information Alchemist, tone modulator, swords master
 thinkplot.org | linkedin.com/in/shelterit | sheltered-objections.blogspot.com