Re: EasierRDF

Thanks for the ping Mike!

The images in this PR might explain a bit of our shared use case (supply
chain traceability):

https://github.com/transmute-industries/verifiable-data/pull/158

(pardon the mess, it's a fairly active repo).

Essentially, we design workflows between supply chain parties where they
exchange JSON-LD that is relevant to their activities.

We use https://www.w3.org/TR/did-core/ and
https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/ (with both LD and JWT proof types) to
help with the standards side of signing and verifying JSON-LD.

Then we simulate these workflows by generating "Verifiable Credentials" and
"Verifiable Presentations"
and then we take that JSON data into various databases to visualise what
each actor in the supply chain can see, based on what they have received.

The quality of the JSON is a function of the ontologies we support, such as
schema.org (thank you dan!), chebi, qudt, cefact, etc.

https://w3id.org/traceability

The work is done in the W3C CCG, and there are a number of companies
supporting the effort (including Mesur).

Originally I tried to use the neo4j RDF plugin
<https://neo4j.com/labs/neosemantics/> to just import the JSON-LD directly,
but that didn't work out so well.

I think we have a general need to ingest large amounts of JSON-LD and
visualize it, and ideally without a significant amount of domain specific
tooling.

We've also looked at using https://www.ontotext.com/ (which supports
sparql).

Our experience has been that it's hard to find developers experienced with
JSON-LD and RDF, so we spend a lot of time trying to improve developer
experience in this space,
and make it easier to train developers who come from a more traditional
JSON / JOSE background...

We think the semantic modeling side is very important, but if the tooling
and developer experience is not good enough, we won't be able to leverage
those benefits.

Any comments on https://linkml.io/ ?

Regards,

OS