Re: Templates, Generics, and Parametric Polymorphism in Semantic Web Languages

Hi,

there seems to be enough keyword matches to allow me to mention a
project that I have been working on, Reasonable Ontology Templates
(OTTR), see http://ottr.xyz.

OTTR is a template language for in particular RDF. It does not have all
the features you mention, its primary feature is to be able to
compactly represent complex statements as template instances that are
expanded via a simple recursive template expansion mechanim to plain
RDF.

Example; (using a modelling pattern from the Pizza ontology), this OTTR
template instance

[ ottr:of      <http://tpl.ottr.xyz/p/pizza/0.2/NamedPizza> ;
  ottr:values (x:argument1 x:argument2 (x:argument3-1 x:argument3-2))
]

expands to:

x:argument3-1  a  owl:Class .

pz:hasTopping  a  owl:ObjectProperty .

x:argument1  rdfs:subClassOf  pz:NamedPizza ;
        rdfs:subClassOf  [ a                   owl:Restriction ;
                           owl:onProperty      pz:hasTopping ;
                           owl:someValuesFrom  x:argument3-1
                         ] ;
        rdfs:subClassOf  [ a                   owl:Restriction ;
                           owl:onProperty      pz:hasTopping ;
                           owl:someValuesFrom  x:argument3-2
                         ] ;
        rdfs:subClassOf  [ a               owl:Restriction ;
                           owl:hasValue    x:argument2 ;
                           owl:onProperty  pz:hasCountryOfOrigin
                         ] ;
        rdfs:subClassOf  [ a                  owl:Restriction ;
                           owl:allValuesFrom  [ a            owl:Class
;
                                                owl:unionOf  (
x:argument3-1 x:argument3-2 )
                                              ] ;