Re: description of known limitations when deserializing JSON-LD to RDF

The main reason that JSON-LD goes beyond RDF is that predicates can be blank
nodes.  See the first bullet in

https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/#relationship-to-rdf

JSON-LD does not support serialization of all generalized RDF triples as it
does not allow literals as subjects or predicates, at least as far as I can tell.

peter