Re: Chartering work has started for a Linked Data Signature Working Group @W3C

> On 4. Jun 2021, at 17:57, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> I suspect you are referring to the problems that arise with the context file, although I am not sure why that is a "multi stakeholder syntax"
>
> Correct - it is multi-stakeholder because the meaningful graph that others will extract from parsing your document is out of your sole control, if you reference external contexts. Changes to those contexts can radically reshape the triples that some json-ld parses to. This is different to merely referencing external IDs and vocabulary; the exposure goes much deeper, and is under appreciated.

As I understand: it is not the JSON-LD document as such that is signed but
the RDF graph or dataset that is produced by parsing the JSON-LD and the
namespace document that comes with it.

If  names used in a JSON-LD are mapped to a different ontology due to some
change in the namespace document, this will result in a different RDF graph,
and so the signature verification will fail.

So I don’t see what the problem here is.

Henry