Re: [External] RE: UCUM licensing [was Re: Blank nodes must DIE! ]

Within the Open Biomedical Ontologies (OBO) project we are converging on a
common measurement schema.

We favor a schema like:

ex:Simon rdf:type foaf:Person ;
        ex:height "175.5"^^ucum:cm .

For the same reason Simon does - does not require any parsing. (we'd
actually turn the property into a class and instantiate it but that's less
relevant here)

We'd also like to reuse a standard vocabulary of units - however, joining
with the other part of this thread, OBO is based on CC-BY/CC-0 licensing
and we wouldn't want to get locked into a system with restrictive or
unclear licensing. It would be great if the semantic web community could
converge on a model based on open licenses.