Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

On 03/09/2020 09:04, Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) wrote:

>   * That just allows exchange of any /measurements/
>
> This is the RDF application that we were discussing in this thread, I
> think – where the UCUM code only appears in the context of a
> measurement instance (i.e. a quantity) either embedded in the literal
> else appearing in a data-type.

If appearing as a data-type that would be a URI surely? And, if a URI,
given this is on the semantic-web list, wouldn't that URI resolve to
something? That something would be explicitly or implicitly
communicating partial information from UCUM. It's whoever puts up those
data type URIs that needs to find a way through the "prickly" license.

Dave