RE: Attempting (vainly?) to change the subject was: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Hi everyone,

[snip]

These different ways of interpreting Named Graphs (and more generally RDF Datasets) have been discussed ad nauseam in the RDF 1.1 Working Group. The group published a note about these options (https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-datasets/), that I authored. Although I authored it, it is not supposed to reflect my personal view on the topic. It is meant to reflect the state of the discussions within the working group, and the extent of the possibilities when it comes to interpreting Named Graphs and RDF Datasets.

               It's been a while since we tried plugging Notation3 in the mailing list :-) So here it goes: we illustrated<http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2438/paper6.pdf> how one can represent different named graph semantics, based on the Antoine’s note (https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-datasets/), in Notation3. It allows the author to indicate the intended semantics of the named graph, via the predicate that connects the graph name to the named graph in an N3 triple. We provide a set of rules to implement four of these semantics - partitioning of triples, quoting of triples, isolated contexts, and online graphs (i.e., graph names denoting online graphs that are in some relation to the named graph). It’s neat because these rules allow any N3 system to easily support these four named graph semantics.

Regards,

William