Re: Attempting (vainly?) to change the subject was: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

 >> On Jul 28, 2020, at 5:53 AM, Henry Story wrote:
 >> one can not infer from
 >>
 >> LauraLane believes { Superman a FlyingBeing }
 >>
 >> that
 >>
 >> LauraLane believes { ClarkKent a FlyingBeing }
 >>
 >> even though the person writing that statement has asserted in the DB
that

 >> ClarkKent = Superman

In RDF I would be inclined model the parts in curly braces above as
separate named graphs, and to give each name a separate URI, so the URI
for Superman would be different from the URI for ClarkKent.  So far so
good.  But then Pat wrote:

On 7/29/20 12:52 PM, Patrick J Hayes wrote:> Named graphs are not
opaque, and should not be given an opaque
> semantics, because ‘cool URIs’ should have the same meaning everywhere.
> The superman-morning star examples should not arise in a Web context.

Could you explain more what you mean?  Why wouldn't the superman example
arise in a Web context?

Thanks,
David Booth