Re: Rich literals [was Re: Blank nodes must DIE! ]

Le 27/07/2020 à 20:08, Maxime Lefrançois a écrit :
> as you can see,
> q1.getValue().floatValue() probably approximates the value.

Indeed, this is something we need to mark as an issue and figure out how
to fix in the future. The values attached to the unit are of unbound
sizes and unbound precisions.

q1.getValue() gives an instance of javax.lang.Number, and Number has
subclass BigDecimal. We need to cast the value to a BigDecimal, which
can have arbitrary precision.

Also, we need to differentiate [pi] from its approximations. Every
decimal are necessarily different from [pi] and all of its powers
(except [pi] to the power 0). So we need to treat [pi] and its powers as
a completely different type of things as decimals.

Considering the current usage of our implementation, this detail can
wait, but external contributors that would like to help are welcome?
It's all open source, waiting for your pull requests :)

--AZ