Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Ahah, bad choice of examples!

Le 27/07/2020 à 18:52, Maxime Lefrançois a écrit :
> There already are some datatypes that encode big structures, and are
> already standards.
> I am thinking about rdf:XMLLiteral,  rdf:HTML.

 From RDF 1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax:

"""5.2 The rdf:HTML Datatype

This section is non-normative."""

and:

"""5.3 The rdf:XMLLiteral Datatype

This section is non-normative."""

So, no, they are not standards (being "normative" is synonymous of being
"standard", and so, "non-normative" means non standard).

Note that rdf:XMLLiteral was normative in RDF 2004, so you're partially
right.

--Az