Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

> On Jul 24, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org> wrote:
>
> Also, what about other literals?
> Presumably, by implying the same approach and implementation structure, we can have:
> Literals for telephone numbers (ITU compliant),
> ISO 19160 or whatever it is for addresses.
> Librarians would presumably like a structured literal for peoples names.
> Can I have a similar process for URIs as literals, perhaps.

These all strike me as great and useful ideas.

What if it were easy to create new datatypes that mapped between 1) DSLs for producing structured string literals (see examples above) and 2) "unpacked" representations as RDF?

That would also be useful for stuff like:

* common bibliographic citation patterns as documented in CSL styles
* Extended Date and Time Format
* GeoJSON
* IP addresses
* all kinds of printed product codes