Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Hi Dieter.

That sounds very like the sort of thing that we use sameAs services for.
In particular, if you don't bring the data into one store, you can't do "normalisation" without writing stuff back into multiple sources stores.
I guess you are bringing the data into one store, so you can use normative URIs.

If not, a while ago we spent a while building an Open Source sameAs Lite service (including a lot of benchmarks to optimise the table structure.)
It's at https://github.com/seme4/sameas-lite
The Github structure seems to have degraded a little since then but I'm sure would be serviceable if you found it useful - we'd be happy to help.

Even if you are managing URIs, you might find this way of managing them has benefits.

Best
Hugh

--
Hugh