Re: Blank nodes must DIE! [ was Re: Blank nodes semantics - existential variables?]

Actually skolemization is quite an old concept of computational logic (I
guess older than most of us) to deal with existential variables.
Unfortunately it comes along with the typical closed world assumptions
of logic assuming that you know all terms and can safely generate a
unique new term. In the open and dynamic environment of the web this may
cause problems. What happens if two people use the same skolemization
generator and their stuff gets merged?

--
Dieter Fensel
Chair STI Innsbruck