Re: Progress toward making RDF easier?

Le jeu. 20 févr. 2020 à 23:36, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> a écrit :

> In 2018 there was a big discussion about RDF being too hard for
> *average* developers (middle 33%) to adopt, and why.  Ideas were
> captured and discussion continued on the W3C EasierRDF github site:
> https://github.com/w3c/EasierRDF
>
> In 2019 the problem was discussed further both at the W3C Graph Workshop
> in Berlin
> https://tinyurl.com/EasierBerlin
> and at the US Semantic Technology Symposium (US2TS) held at Duke
> University:
> https://tinyurl.com/EasierDuke
>
> At the upcoming 2020 US2TS we will propose and discuss Next Steps Toward
> Easier RDF:
> https://us2ts.org/program-easier-rdf
>
> However, in preparation for that event, I am curious to know what
> significant progress others think has been made in the past year, toward
> making RDF easier to adopt.  For example, one good resource that came to
> my attention in the past year is the "Awesome Semantic Web" list
> maintained on github:
> https://github.com/semantalytics/awesome-semantic-web
>
> What else?  Thoughts?

Not developed in the past year, and not targeted at developers but rather
knowledge practitioners, but from my own semantic web consultant
experience, the ability to create RDF list of entities from Excel files
[1], with a close-to-zero learning curve, is of great help in knowledge
graphs projects. I now have many large projects running in production that
are using this technique. I also use it to edit SHACL constraints (e.g.
[2]). This same tabular-to-RDF feature is now integrated in triplestores.

I read at https://us2ts.org/program-easier-rdf a proposal to deprecate
RDF/XML. This syntax has a major advantage : it can be generated using XSLT
from source XML files. This ability to bridge XML and RDF is also key in
some projects.

[1] : SKOS Play convert : http://labs.sparna.fr/skos-play/convert
[2] :
http://openarchaeo.huma-num.fr/federation/resources/shapes/OpenArchaeo-Shapes.xlsx

Best Regards
Thomas

--

*Thomas Francart* -* SPARNA*
Web de *données* | Architecture de l'*information* | Accès aux