Re: A Less Ephemeral Web

Many of these ideas are counterproductive to a free life of the mind,
and will only further siloed herd thinking. The greatest improvement I
can imagine to the web is if tomorrow there were no more "you might also
like..." links, replaced with "get out of your rut!" links backed by
either a random pick or gentle (and transparent) algorithm pointing in
opposed directions from where the user inclines.

Using web resources to augment free and deliberate self-directed inquiry
is challenging, on several fronts. The solution is not to build easier
louder echo chambers.

Regards,

--Paul