From: Hans <hanscools@breitband.ch>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:21 PM
To: semantic-web@w3.org <semantic-web@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Ontologies and Graphs in the Hype Cycle

I (like to think that I) 'm already on the plateau of productivity :).

On 19.08.20 18:25, Juan Sequeda wrote:
All,

Wanted to share this interesting announcement:  "Ontologies and Graphs" are now in the trough of disillusionment of the Gartner 2020 Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies.
Press release: https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2020-08-18-gartner-identifies-five-emerging-trends-that-will-drive-technology-innovation-for-the-next-decadew

Note that Knowledge Graphs appeared in 2019 but are not in 2020 because the capabilities are subsumed under "Data Fabric".

Always need to take with a grain of salt what the analyst and pundits have to say, but this is definitely a milestone for this community IMO.

--
Juan Sequeda, Ph.D
www.juansequeda.com<http://www.juansequeda.com>