Re: Detecting cycles in OWL

> On Apr 24, 2020, at 09:12, Mikael Pesonen <mikael.pesonen@lingsoft.fi> wrote:
>

> Thanks Pascal, saves lot's of time if this is not possible by normal OWL DL means. That PDF looks like worth atleast trying to understand.
>
> Followup question to forum: how does one continue usually when reasoning capabilities hit the wall? SWRL and SPARQL queries are the next steps?

In my experience, “reasoning” is not as useful for practical business problems as directly implementing relevant business rules. A path that worked well for me was:

RIF -> SPARQL -> whatever

Starting with RIF provided greater visibility for business rules and all the other benefits of an open exchange format: documentation, reuse, repurposing, ....

Regards,
—Paul