Re: ESWC 2020 will be a virtual conference

On 07/04/2020 13.02, Valentina Ivanova wrote:
> ESWC 2020 will be a virtual conference between the original dates of May 31 and June 4.
>
> While we still work out the details, the following is the high-level structure:
>
> - The main paper tracks (research, resources and in-use tracks) will be run in an asynchronous fashion, with screencasts from the authors and an online forum for questions and discussions via the website.
> - We go ahead with the original schedule for the proceedings of the main paper tracks; authors have to register by the end of April.
> - The updated registration fees will be in-line with other virtual conferences.
> - The satellite events (workshops, tutorials, posters, demos, the doctoral consortium and the industrial track) will be run in a synchronous fashion, supported by chat and bidirectional audio and video.
> - We go ahead with the original schedule for the satellite contributions as post-proceedings.
> - Because we are optimists, we plan a small optional post-conference symposium in Heraklion in the first half of October if the travel restrictions permit.
>
> Please plan accordingly. We will provide updates via:
> - the website - https://2020.eswc-conferences.org/
> - Twitter - https://twitter.com/eswc_conf
> - Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ESWCCONF

Reminder that you don't need Springer to host a bunch of PDFs on a
website about "semantic web" research. Neither do you need to force
authors to either waive their copyright or pay additional fees to a
megacorp just to publish as open access.

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i