Re: Carbon Efficiency of Semantic Web and Linked Data Queries

Zach, thanks for your moderating input.

Marcos, here’s another relevant industry resource on physical/digital
infrastructure/capacity/resource consumption relevant to deducing carbon
impacts of digital processing/networking/edge-end user utilization
(US-only):

https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/1372902/

Presumably, if you frame the problem on a macro-level, combined with
available carbon consumption calculators for the micro-level, you’ll be
somewhere in the playing field to begin to deduce/ballpark SemWeb as a
fraction of total digital processing/display/etc in terms of energy /
resource consumption and carbon footprint.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
—David