Re: Deep Fakes, Phishing & Epistemological War - how we can help combat these.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 08:00:01 +0200, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> Just yesterday Vice published an article on DeepFakes with two example
> videos
[...]
> How could one make publishing of deep fake content, and other fictional
> content or data for that
> matter allowable? We can’t live without fiction after all, it is how we
> explore possibilities that are not
> actual, if only to be able to avoid them becoming so. [1]
>
> One suggestion is  that we would need a fiction ontology. Given that
> an HTTP server that served these should it seems
>  1. have a Link relation that specifies the fictional type of such
> content
>  2. Only serve the content to clients that recognize and display such
> information clearly [2]
>     (requiring thus an agent capability ontology)
>  3. Perhaps embed that relation in the video metadata too, along with a
> link to the original author
>    (which can be verified by an http GET) so that copying the  content
> does not  remove the   metadata.

This is exactly what current DRM systems do, except instead of a promise
to recognise the content as fictional there is usually evidence that you
paid money for it as the out-of-band basis for approval to send the
content.

cheers