From: Mike Bergman <mike@mkbergman.com>
Sent: dinsdag 2 juli 2019 09:49
To: hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl; 'Patrick J Hayes' <phayes@ihmc.us>; 'ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program' <metadataportals@yahoo.com>
Cc: 'Dave Raggett' <dsr@w3.org>; 'Paola Di Maio' <paoladimaio10@gmail.com>; 'Amirouche Boubekki' <amirouche.boubekki@gmail.com>; 'Chris Harding' <chris@lacibus.net>; 'xyzscy' <1047571207@qq.com>; 'semantic-web' <semantic-web@w3.org>
Subject: Re: What is a Knowledge Graph? CORRECTION

Hi All,

My take on the question:

http://www.mkbergman.com/2244/a-common-sense-view-of-knowledge-graphs/

Mike

On 6/25/2019 11:40 PM, hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl <mailto:hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>  wrote:

Hi Pat,

+1 , that’s why we (the process industries) have an upper ontology, defined in ISO 15926-2 <http://15926.org/topics/data-model/index.htm> , with 218 entity types and the reference data library of ISO 15926-4 <http://15926.org/topics/reference-data/index.htm>  with 39,000 classes.

Application data are mapped to templates (212 small models, each using some of those 218 entity types), in RDF, validated with SHACL, and stored in a triple store.

Although this doesn’t cover the entire universe, it does cover the technical and activity life-cycle information of a process plant (oil, chemical, food, etc), integrated from cradle to grave.

Regards, Hans