Re: Status

Thanks and welcome for your greetings!

I apologise but I have one couple of more festive discernments today. It
was a reply from Hans Teijgeler (from 15926.org) that motivated this lines:

It's there something like a "general purpose" tool or framework fear out
there? Or it's an improper word (or name) for something?. It's like selling
sheets of paper which, you say, could be used for writing a novel, a letter
or build a paper plane, being those tools as "generic", for example, as
other general purpose tools, semantic, (upper) ontologies, graph / tuple
oriented stores, etc.

I think the relational model we all know and love would be equally
intimidating in its pure mathematical formalization as are the efforts and
standards of today's semantics community to the rest of the developers
world. It's since that SQL and RDBMS tools exists that all the usefulness
of this model gets evident in the resolution of business use cases.

I think the same could have happened in the beggining with the notion of a
Turing machine, a general purpose machine. And also this could happen
(envision usefulness) with another standard, ISO 13250: Topics Maps, if you
plan to do something useful with it knowing only its Data Model or
Reference Model (both of which can be modelled and rendered in the ways
that I propose and leveraging integration with other types or sources of
knowledge) you may also find it hard in knowing where to begin.

The concepts I'd like and that is my purpose to build something about
someday are in a level compared to that of a sheet of paper, "smart" enough
to help writing novels, letters or making paper planes. And, in respect to
ontologies as a stack of layers it's in the role of a kind of "assembly"
language for integration and knowledge applications.

Someone told me about templates, but tools and layers will be needed, this
is like leveraging an interactive and functional user interface for an
application from source bytes of an XML document: there is storage, then
Unicode, the DTDs / XSDs, services and then transforms and parsing into
some application framework or engine rendering state and interactions on an
application server.

All kind of stuff that can't be done, for example, just with traditional
tools alone (for a traditional application) neither with just the bunch of
semantic standards out there (for a semantic application) not even
mentioning the lack of "semantic" standards industry hasn't for them in
favor of traditional solutions.

So, I mean, my lack of focus in solving a particular problem is that I'd
like to be general purpose enough to enable multiple, diverse domain
applications and purposes solutions to be built upon a common integration
infrastructure and services. It's like we are needing something like a
"SemanticEE" or a "Semantic.NET". Maybe I'm missing something but I'm just
trying to envision the building blocks ("assembly" / "virtual machine")
language for such a "Computable Semantic Web".

There are OGMs (Object Graph Mapping) tools and that's the kind of general
purpose components I'd like to provide. As an example a declarative Domain
Driven Development MVC framework such as Apache Isis[1], enhanced for
semantic backends, could be a top down solution in some environment
providing the necessary semantic services (such as an OGM instead of ORM)
for building elementary apps.

[1]: http://isis.apache.org/

Best Regards and Happy Holydays!

Sebastián.