Re: Trip Reports on Dagstuhl Seminar on Knowledge Graphs

KGraphs are an umbrella term that brings together more than one single tech
a practical implementation/path that exemplifies an application of AI
(semantics, linked data, ontolgies, etc). KGraphs offer more flexibility
and scale better than pure ontology based solutions -IMHO. in my experience
modeling on a KGraph makes it easier when dealing with real data in
enterprise enviroments, also, KGraphs scale as needed. There are issues
with KGraphs, I should better say with commercial KGraphs solutions and
there is a lot of room for improvement; this is all true. We use Kgraphs
for exploring scientific literature at a scale that would otherwise be very
difficult to manage. We get from a KGraph pretty much the same in terms of
query formulation, and some times more, as we would get from a SPARQL
endpoint. the Kgraph allows us to add more data and remodel as needed
considering only bussines constraints.

--
Alexander Garcia
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexander_Garcia