rationalism or empiricism £¿

From: ÎÒ <1047571207@qq.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:39:03 +0800
To: semantic-web@w3.org
hello£¬everyone.
After some survey, I get some conclusion:
1. Knowledge graph is a concept made by google.
2. Knowledge graph is a kind of knowledge engineering.
3. Knowledge engineering has two components: knowledge base and inference engine.
4. Knowledge engineering has two schools of thought: rationalism  and empiricism.
5. Rationalism derive rule-based approach and empiricism derive statistic-based approach.
6.The rule-based approaches value the soundness and completeness of the inference engine and the statistic-based approach value the richness of the knowledge base.
7.The OWL is a kind of rule-based approach and the vector-based approach is a kind of statistic-based approach.
8.In the internet, the knowledge base is huge.It is always impossible to do a complex inference  on a huge knowledge base.

My question is: In google, is the statistic-based approach  the main approach? Is the OWL used in google¡¯s knowledge graph? Besides Google search engine£¬ is there any other successful application of the knowledge graph? Besides knowledge graph, is there any other successful knowledge engineering in the industrial world£¿