Re: Semantic Web Interest Group now closed

To me, the term 'machine-readable web' excludes an important target group:
us humans (assuming all current list subscribers are human). When I try
explain the concepts of Linked Data or the Semantic Web to an uninitiated I
like to use the terms 'web of data' or even shorter 'data web'. For some
more finesse the term 'the web of self-explanatory data', could be
considered, but I think just putting the terms 'web' and 'data' together
sets the tone well enough.
Also, a term like 'data web' is happily free of technicalities. Who knows,
perhaps even a corner stone like RDF might be replaced by something that is
considered better in the future?

Regards,
Frans