Re: Semantic Web Interest Group now closed

On 2018-10-15 11:09 AM, David Booth wrote:
> On 10/15/2018 10:49 AM, xueyuan wrote:
>  > This message is to inform you that the Semantic Web Interest Group
>  > is now closed, [ . . . . ]
>  > With the introduction of Community Groups we now encourage the
>  > participants in the IG forum to
>  > establish Community Groups to continue the conversations.
>
> Given that the semantic-web@w3.org email list has served the community
> very well, I think it would be helpful for continuity if a Community
> Group could take over the existing email list.  Is this possible?  And
> if so, does this mean that we should now create such a community group?

Ivan and I have been in conversation with DanBri for some time as the
formal closing of the Interest Group was pending.  This specific
question was part of that discussion; whether to continue the big
semantic-web distribution list as a Community Group resource or use the
opportunity to do some housekeeping.

Ivan and I decided to let the community decide -- and those discussions
are welcome on the list.

And again, I can't overstate our appreciate to DanBri for his gentle
facilitation of the discussions on this list, jumping in as the IG chair
and list moderator only when it was critical to do so.

-Ralph