Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

On 11/25/18 12:32 PM, Jiří Procházka wrote:
> having a vocabulary and semantics for
> forwards compatible introduction of new semantic extensions could be
> nice too (imagine in worst case of compatibility a tool alert "The
> loaded document uses OWL-23-XYZ features which are not supported. Do you
> still wish to proceed?").

Yes, that is a gap currently in the RDF standards.  I remember noting
that gap several years ago:
http://dbooth.org/2010/ambiguity/paper.html#part3_2

   "At present there is a minor gap in the RDF standards,
   in that there is no standard way for an RDF processor to
   recognize that a particular URI is intended to signal an
   opaque semantic extension: the knowledge of which URIs
   are intended to signal opaque semantic extensions must be
   externally supplied to the RDF processor.  The RDF processor
   must magically know about them in advance.  It cannot alert
   the user to the need for a new opaque semantic extension
   that was previously unknown.  This gap could be addressed
   by defining a standard predicate, such as rdf2:requires,
   to explicitly indicate when a particular semantic extension
   is required."

David Booth