Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:53:59 -0500
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Cc: Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org>
On 11/25/18 8:28 AM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
 > Just how much of bnode usage is about existence, as you
 > describe, and how much a single potentially nameable object
 > that the creating agent doesn't want to take the trouble
 > to name?

The vast majority of bnodes that I have seen are the latter, though an
example of the former was pointed out by William Waites earlier in this
thread:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2018Nov/0078.html

The RDF Semantics 1.1 even explains that "a graph is not logically
equivalent to its skolemization. Nevertheless, they are in a strong
sense almost interchangeable":
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/#skolemization-informative

David Booth