Re: Blank nodes as predicates Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

On 11/22/18 7:31 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
> . . .
> Graph = Set of Triple
> Triple = Node, Node, Node
>
> Why complicate it further?

To *simplify* life for users.  I think there is a *very* strong case for
supporting higher-level constructs like n-ary relations and proper
support for lists (unlike the hobbled RDF lists that we currently have).
  These data structures are commonly used in applications, and it just
makes users' lives *more* complex if they have to hand build these
constructs instead of having them directly supported in a higher-level
language, ready to go.  The enormous popularity of property graphs is
pretty strong evidence, I think.

However, I think the triple (or quad) model is a very good foundation to
build on.  What I'd most like to see is a higher-level RDF language that
gets compiled into triples/quads, just as python gets compiled into byte
code, such that RDF users never need to actually see or deal with the
underlying triples.

David Booth