Re: Talk about Obama campaign at a Semantic Web conference

From: Basil Ell <bell@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 21:47:36 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Aidan,

you are probably talking about  Julius van de Laar,

see here: http://2012.eswc-conferences.org/program/keynote-speakers.html

"Julius van de Laar is a political strategist and communications expert
with strong campaigning experience. He has consulted politicians and
political parties, non-governmental organizations, and private sector
corporations developing strategies to achieve their goals: developing a
compelling campaign narrative, winning elections, advocating for issues,
raising money, growing their membership and creating a movement.

During the 2008 US Presidential election, Julius van de Laar worked for
Barack Obama's winning presidential campaign in nearly a dozen states.
There, he focused on targeting voters and gaining supporters by
combining proven campaigning strategies with the latest new media tactics."

Cheers, Basil

--

Dr. Basil Ell
AG Semantic Computing